Avatar

Sunday, September 8, 2013

THING #19 - Other Social networks



I think the best use of social networking for educators is in the simplicity and ease that it provides for teachers to connect and share ideas. Teachers are now provided the availability to connect, see pictures, read blogs, and even watch videos that others teachers have made! 

I discovered that there are "teacher / education" networking sites everywhere! The amount of wonderful information available to teachers now is amazing. There is information available now for almost every topic under the sun that a teacher may want some feedback on, AND if there is something that they can't find information on these social networking sites allow the teacher to simply put out a post/blog and ask!

I am a member of Facebook, now Twitter and Pintrest, but I am also a member of Instagram, and (yes, I sheepishly admit it) MySpace from when it was cool. (I assume I still have my account since I never closed it).

 It seems that Instagram is becoming the new "Facebook" or at least in the colleges in Florida. I only created an Instagram account because my sister (who is in college) uses hers all the time and I wanted to keep up with her. haha it's funny but right there, I'm using a social networking site to "see pictures" and read about what she's doing. I find Facebook and Pintrest the most appealing because of their ease. I had already had a facebook and I think Pintrest is a lot of fun as well!

From the new sites given in the learning activity I like IMDB, well, I should say my husband REALLY likes IMDB and I use it a lot to look up movies/actors/shows for him. I like all the cooking sites and if I have the time, perhaps when things calm down, I will attempt making some of these scrumptious recipes! I also like GoodReads because I do LOVE reading and its fun to see what others recommend or are reading now.

 I know that I will be using all of the sites I listed above from time to time... Well, maybe not Myspace..but all the other ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment