Avatar

Monday, September 9, 2013

Thing #22 - LiveBinder



Well, I just finished creating my LiveBinder account. I created three education related binders in my account.

One was "Early Childhood Education Articles" - http://www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=1029484

I also chose to "share" this binder with you because I feel that this one has the most pertinent information. This binder is full of articles about Pre-K and Early Childhood Education in the United States. I have filled it with wonderful websites that discuss many current issues in the Early Education sector of our nation.

My other two binders are titled
  "creative classroom ideas"  (themes, decorations, classroom "flow" and organization) and
  "creative curriculum/ projects" (various project ideas to use when teaching science, reading, writing, social studies, geography).

I might use live binder in the classroom when I am trying to teach the children how to write a story. I can use the binder to organize various forms of writing. For instance I can have a tab about how to help children write narratives, how to write letters, how to write journals, etc..
I could have another tab on teaching the children how to brainstorm and then have sub-tabs off of that listing various forms of pre-writing.

Overall this is a pretty neat feature that makes it easy to organize your classroom information. 

2 comments:

  1. I tried accessing your early childhood live binder account with the link that you provided in your blog and it did not work. It said there was an error. Do you need a special code or an account in order to be able to access it? I think that livebinder sounds like it would be a very useful tool when trying to teach children in the classroom. Seems like it would allow you to stay organized and also have it accessible to parents outside of the classroom. I think that would be an important tool for you and the student to take advantage of. Many parents want to find ways to be more involved in their child's schoolwork and I think this would be a good way to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorrie, I also had the same problem when I tried to access your Early Childhood live binder. It said that I was trying to access a private binder. I agree with the ideas that you have behind providing more organization and storage for your articles to use within your classroom.

    ReplyDelete