Avatar

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Thing #20




I picked this video because it shows that "Teachers Really Matter."
I Love youtube. I think that it is a wonderful resource to learn new information. It is full of a variety of videos that cover a wide spectrum.

I chose this video because it touched me. I don't know the song that they played with the clips but it fit perfectly. It's good to be reminded that teachers really do matter. As a teacher you have a HUGE responsibility. What you do and say OR what you don't do and don't say, can have a lasting impact on your students. It's important to be reminded that we really are shaping the future of America as we have the honor of teaching these students. We need to be reminded of that responsibility and not take it for granted.
I think that this site would be very interesting if I applied them to my classroom website. It would enable me to show the children videos that pertain to the topic we are covering at hand. If I got the parents permission I could possible put up different classroom projects that my students were proud of and wanted to talk about.

http://www.go2web20.net/site/?a=Vine
This new tool is called Vine. You use it through your smartphone. It allows you to put up short clips of your life. It's kind of like facebook with it's "newsfeed" but instead its short video feeds of your friends. They recently changed it and now its not just your friends and followers feeds but other peoples as well. I don't really like that aspect as much. It could be useful in the classroom to put up short little clips of the kids and what they are learning throughout the day so the parents could watch them. The parents could be updated and actually get to feel like they were there with their child, even if just for a brief moment. I think it would be neat and build a relationship between the parent and teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment